Wednesday, November 09, 2005

my home towns did good

On the eve of the election, I have to say I am proud of my two homes. First, Virginia, where I was born and raised, elected Tim Kaine as the new Governor. Virginia is pretty darn red, as far as red states go, and yet they have followed up Gov. Mark Warner with another blue guy.

Second, my new home, California (Kauliforneeuh), looks like it is going to beat back all of Schwarzenegger's ballot proposals. I love how his strategy of threatening Democrats with statewide initiatives whenever they went against his proposals backfired. Elected officials in the majority opposing the Governor actually represented the majority of the people. Couldn't see that coming! Bonus points for the Governor trying to pander to the Religious Right with the ballot forcing parental notification for abortion. Hopefully this is the first of many defeats for those who try to destroy the separation of Church and State.

Lastly, congrats to my two home basketball teams. The Clippers are 3-1, the Wizards are 3-0.


At least for one night, things are beautiful in CA and VA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home