Monday, November 27, 2006

Best Bushisms o' '06

I don't buy it that George W. Bush is a fully fledged moron. His dimwittedness is either a result of some kind of medical imbalance or a GOP strategy. Probably both. For example, check out this video on the decline of Bush's public speaking skills over the course of the last ten years. And let's not forget that, following his 1978 electoral defeat to Southern boy Kent Hance, a preppy Bush vowed never to be "out-Bubba'd" again. With this in mind, laughing at "Bushisms" because they highlight his stupidity only really serves to perpetuate the ruse that is being played on us all.

This preamble is merely to say that my picks for the top five Bushisms of 2006 are not ones that make him seem like an idiot, but rather ones that reveal what an arrogant, insensitive asshole he is. I actually think he peaked in this department on January 1st, so 2006 was all downhill from there (unless he pulls out something great in December).

I give you the top five:
  1. "As you can possibly see, I have an injury myself -- not here at the hospital, but in combat with a cedar. I eventually won. The cedar gave me a little scratch. As a matter of fact, the Colonel asked if I needed first aid when she first saw me. I was able to avoid any major surgical operations here, but thanks for your compassion, Colonel."
    --George W. Bush, after visiting with wounded veterans from the Amputee Care Center of Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Jan. 1, 2006

  2. "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake."
    --George W. Bush, on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

  3. "That's George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing about him is that I read three -- three or four books about him last year. Isn't that interesting?"
    --George W. Bush, while showing German newspaper reporter Kai Diekmann the Oval Office, Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006

  4. "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense."
    --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006 (video clip)

  5. Bush: "Are you going to ask that question with shades on?"
    Peter Wallsten of the L.A. Times: "I can take them off."
    Bush: "I'm interested in the shade look, seriously."
    Wallsten: "All right, I'll keep it, then."
    Bush: "For the viewers, there's no sun."
    Wallsten: "I guess it depends on your perspective."
    Bush: "Touché."
    --George W. Bush gives a legally blind reporter a hard time for wearing sunglasses while asking him a question, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006 (video clip)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home