Thursday, February 23, 2006

Chocolate Cake

Yesterday was my birthday. Conventionally, you people would be giving me gifts and good wishes, but that ship has clearly sailed. Still, I would like to share two presents with you loyal readers, as well as those new visitors.

First, the gift of song:



Now this is going to be a bold statement, but I actually think the second gift is even greater then the first. Last night I had a little birthday party at The Room in Hollywood, and the bartender suggested a shot called a Chocolate Cake. I say, without hyperbole, that the Chocolate Cake might be the greatest shot...ever!


The Chocolate Cake looks and tastes like liquor. You down the shot, and so far nothing is out of the ordinary. But then you take a lemon and bite into it. Brother, let me tell you, the combo is pure Chocolate Cake goodness. It is crazy. I think you should get your first Chocolate Cake from a trained professional. But in case you need to make it at home to satisfy your curiousity, here is the recipe...

Mix equal parts of Citron Vodka and Frangelico in a shot glass. Drink the shot, and follow it by immediately sucking on a sugar-coated lemon wedge.

Enjoy, my legal aged friends. And feel free to contact me to make arrangements to send belated gifts.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I've been trying to find more information about the Hasselhoff clip. I'm still not sure what it is or where it came from, but I found this great deconstruction of the video:

"The symbolism is quite clear... It's a pageant symbolizing the delicate balance between nature, friendship, and the divine. Mr. Hasselhoff defines himself as the central axle of all this, and represents the spirit of music. The interpretation, is that music is the base element of all reality, carrying with it the greatest feeling of bliss one can experience in this lifetime, that of oneness with all things. It is in this way, that the lyrics allude to the romantic notion, that when his special someone holds him so very tight, she duplicates this balance within his heart.

Either that, or David wants to bone two angelic children doggy style by the river."

10:43 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Excellent blow-by-blow analysis of the video here

10:49 PM  
Blogger Sam Goldberg said...

Ok, I am going to admit that I actually tried to screw around with putting the image of a Chocolate Cake inside the shot glass, but it kept looking crappy. Andrew is the one who got the cake in there, he is the man.

As for the blow-by-blow, I thought it was at its best when the guy played it straight.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Sam Goldberg said...

I want in noted for the record that the Hasselhoff video appeared on "All Things Goldberg" before the recent episode of VH1s "Webjunk 20"!!! When will they stop riding out coattails?

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home